What CPD are you required to do?
- Level 1 & 2 members require a minimum of 1 day every 3 years
- Level 3 ISIA & Level 4 ISTD members require 1 day every year, 2 days every 2 years or 3 days every 3 years.
- A maximum of 3 years will be awarded (this includes attending a 5-day course).
CPD can be obtained by completing:
- BASI on-snow courses
- BASI CPD courses (on-snow or online)
- External CPD – 1 day
Please note: If the member completes an external CPD, they must complete a BASI CPD next time their CPD is due to be updated.
If you would like to request a CPD on a specific date and in a particular location, please use the course request feature. If there is sufficient demand, and we can secure a trainer, we will make it available for all members to book
External CPD’s are considered on a case-by-case basis. Members should seek pre-approval before attending an external CPD to avoid disappointment if the course is not authorised.
A maximum of 1-day CPD can be obtained from External CPD.
The only courses that will likely be authorised by BASI as External CPD are:
- CPD from another Snowsports association or Home Nation Governing Body (Snowsport Scotland, Snowsport England, Snowsport Wales)
- Mountain Safety courses delivered by a professional body
- BASI endorsed courses*
Members must provide confirmation of attendance or certificate of completion for the external CPD to be recognised, uploaded directly through their members area.
View BASI-endorsed courses.
**Lift Passes are not included in the CPD Fee and need to be purchased separately. Please view the Venue page for the Lift Pass information.**