Course Price: £699
This is a 10 day on-mountain training and assessment course in which Technical and Teaching skills are developed and assessed.
The BASI Adaptive Ski Level 2 Instructor course comprises of 6 modules. The minimum entry criteria for the course are the successful completion of one of the following qualifications:
- BASI Adaptive Ski Level 1 qualification
- BASI Ski Level 2 Instructor qualification or above
- Another country National Ski Instructor qualification which is equivalent to the BASI Ski Level 2 qualification (on approval by BASI)
The outcome of the course may be:
- Pass in all 6 disciplines
- Attend a re-assessment
- Re-sit the full course
In the event of a pass in all 6 disciplines you will hold a BASI Adaptive Ski Level 2 qualification*.
By the end of the course you will be better equipped to “Make a difference for Disabled Skiers”. The course will help you, the Instructor, to recognise the skills needed to deliver a safe, successful and enjoyable learning experience. This course will equip you with the fundamental skills required to teach skiers with disabilities.
* *FOR COURSES RUNNING AFTER 01.01.2024* members will be required to attend the 'Additional Needs in Snowsports' online + on-snow courses to be awarded their L2 Adaptive Ski Qualification. These courses can be done pre- or post- Level 2 course. BASI will subsidise 50% of the course fee for the members this affects. Please contact the office to book.