BASI believes that to deliver the most innovative snowsports instruction worldwide, all members should stay current and up to date.
The BASI CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Framework is designed to aid and encourage instructors, regardless of level, to continuously learn and develop within the realms of snowsports teaching. This in turn should lead to better quality of lessons delivered on the snow.
BASI members should engage with training to develop and practice skills (technical and teaching) to the level required to maintain a valid teaching licence.
The BASI CPD framework has also been designed to comply with ISIA requirements for those members who hold Level 3 ISIA or Level 4 ISTD levels of qualification.
What CPD credits are you required to do?
- Level 1 & 2 members require minimum of 1 day every 3 years
- Level 3 ISIA & 4 ISTD members require minimum of 3 credits every 3 years
1 day course (min 4 hours) = 1 credit = 1 year
3 days+ course = 3 credits = 3 years
Please note: The maximum period for a CPD update is 3 years, regardless of qualification level or discipline.
CPD credits can be obtained by completing:
- BASI instructor pathway on snow courses
- BASI CPD courses - On snow or Online
- Non-BASI (external) endorsed courses*
Please note: If the member completes an external CPD, they must complete a BASI CPD next time their CPD is due to be updated.
* Non-BASI (external) endorsed courses must be:
- delivered by a BASI endorsed education provider or nominated charity (e.g. Protect Our Winters UK)
- a minimum of 4 hours in duration
- a trainer led course with distinctive learning outcomes related to teaching snowsports
- not in direct competition with BASI products
Members must provide confirmation of attendance or certificate of completion for the external CPD to be recognised
If you would like to become a non-BASI (external) endorsed education provider for CPD please get in touch with the BASI Product Team.