Powder Byrne is a leading UK-based luxury travel company with a focus on providing bespoke experiences for clients and seamless service throughout, including their much-loved ski programmes for both adults and children across a variety of hand-picked ski resorts in Switzerland, Austria, Italy and Japan. Established in 1985, they have remained true to their roots with a focus on the highest quality, flexibility and personal service so that ‘everything’s possible’ for their clients. They also operate in a selection of summer and adventure destinations around the globe, offering clients the same high level of service, as well as specialise in organising bespoke corporate and group trips.
Piste to Profession
Powder Byrne’s Piste to Profession gap year programme is an 18-week course that combines a wide range of ski industry disciplines and a range of skills that will be desirable to employers in the future. By the end of the course, successful students achieve their BASI Level II, as well as gain experience working for a well-respected company in the travel industry. The programme runs from the end of December to April in Flims, Switzerland.
Why Piste to Profession:
Gain Professional Qualifications
- You will receive intensive training with our highly qualified instructors to enable you to successfully complete the internationally recognised BASI I & II qualifications to become a ski instructor.
A Five Month Ski Season
- Experience a full 18-week ski season spent on the slopes, starting early in December and lasting until April, culminating with the End of Season Party in London.
Work with industry leaders
- By combining professional ski instruction with working for the UK’s leading luxury tour operator, The Powder Byrne Piste to Profession ultimate ski season guarantees a wide variety of experiences where you’ll gain a vast number of valuable transferable skills.
Develop other skills
- You’ll also benefit from a whole host of other training modules including a freestyle course, a mountain safety programme, as well as race coaching and practical experience as a ski technician. You’ll also shadow a ski patrol and experience telemark skiing, ski touring and ice climbing.
Increase your employability
- Gain customer service, time management and teamwork skills working with a diverse group of staff and clients. You’ll gain events experience as you get involved in the running of some of the largest freestyle mountain events in Europe, hosted in Laax.
Make Lifelong Friends
- There will be plenty of time to socialise with visits to World Cup Races and Ski Championships. There will also be plenty of time for various apres ski events other the season, such a ski school parties, ice hockey games, snow BBQs and the Powder Byrne End of Season Party.
Flims Laax Ski Area
With 224km of slopes to explore, four snow parks and the longest halfpipe in the world, the ski area of Flims Laax is legendary and plays host to impressive events every year like The BRITS Winter Sports Festival and the Laax Open. Its vast and varied high-altitude slopes are the ideal place to develop and perfect your ski technique.
For more information, call +44 (0) 20 8246 5300 or visit https://www.powderbyrne.com/p2p